Promoting policies that support the creation of family-supporting jobs in Pennsylvania.
- Senate Appropriations and Labor & Industry Committees will hold a Joint Hearing to Discuss New Federal Overtime Rules June 20, 2016
- Senate Approves Bill Protecting Conventional Oil/Gas Production in PA June 15, 2016
- Panel Approves Bartolotta’s Bill to Simplify Process for Small Businesses Bidding on State Road Contracts June 14, 2016
- Senate Approves Civil Service Modernization Measure May 17, 2016
- Bipartisan committees review economic development tools and permitting issue in Pennsylvania April 13, 2016
- Senator Mensch and Senator Wiley Introduce Legislation to Promote Employment of Pennsylvanians with Disabilities April 11, 2016
- Senate Approves Veterans Preference Hiring Measure March 15, 2016
- Senator Corman Comments on Gov. Wolf’s Symbolic Executive Order on the Minimum Wage for State Employees March 7, 2016
- Stefano Introduces Senate Resolution to Delay DEP Plan to Fast-Track EPA Mandate on Power February 2, 2016
- Senate Approves Horse Racing Industry Measure December 10, 2015
- Senate Adopts Hutchinson Resolution Supporting PA Timber Industry September 17, 2015
- Senate Approves Horse Racing Industry Bill June 22, 2015
- HEARING NOTICE: House and Senate Coal Caucuses to Hold Hearing on EPA’s Proposed “Clean Power Plan” June 15, 2015
- Legislators, Supporters Discuss Bills Promoting Waterfront Development June 3, 2015
- Senate committee to hold hearing on anthracite coal industry in Pottsville next week June 3, 2015
- Sen. Corman on Gov. Wolf’s Plans on Corporate Tax Changes February 25, 2015
- Senate Transportation Committee Approves Pileggi Bill to Encourage Private Development at Mass Transit Hubs February 17, 2015
- Act 84 of 2016 (Tax Code) establishes a new tax credit that will be distributed to manufacturing companies creating new jobs.
- Act 84 of 2016 (Tax Code) establishes a new Rural Jobs and Investment Tax Credit to allow rural manufacturing and agriculture-related businesses to attract investment from rural growth funds.
- Act 84 of 2016 (Tax Code) allows companies presently considering locating in a Keystone Special Development Zone to be able to make their decision and construct a new building, while still being able to secure the full ten years of job creation tax credits.
- Act 84 of 2016 (Tax Code) allows for 12 additional Keystone Opportunity Zones and allows for extensions of previously designated KOZs, Keystone Opportunity Expansion Zones, and Keystone Opportunity Improvement Zones for 10 years if the applicant meets certain job and investment criteria. Provision introduced as Senate Bill 884 (Smucker).
- Act 84 of 2016 (Tax Code) Expands the class of municipalities eligible for the City Revitalization and Improvement Zone, making it possible to authorize more zones at the current rate of two zones per year. Provision introduced as Senate Bill 907 (Argall).
|Find a Job in PA
Department of Labor and Industry